Madeleine Grummet is living, breathing proof that women can have it all. She’s the founder of two start-ups, a sought after mentor, and manages to do it all while being the mother to 4 girls.
‘So, how do you have it all?’.
It’s a question Madeleine Grummet gets asked a lot.
It’s easy to see why.
She’s a highly successful entrepreneur. The founder of two successful and award winning education startups: Future Amp and Girledworld. A national keynote speaker, regular media contributor, journalist and presenter. She’s also the attentive mother of four daughters.
So, how does she do it?
Women Having it all
When asked this question, Madeleine is quick to reference Betty Friedan:
You can have it all, just not all at the same time– Betty Friedan
This is very much the secret to her success. Accepting that every day is different, and that you can’t do everything at any one given moment. What really matters is organisation and discipline.
Madeleine’s Secrets to Success
Here’s some of the key things Madeleine does to live a high-performing life:
- Reassess priorities: Madeleine is constantly re-working her priorities depending on what’s going on, ensuring what’s actually important gets done.
- Saying no: She’s very disciplined when it comes to her workload. In order to add something to her plate she has to take something off. So, she’s not afraid to say no.
- Casting off perfectionism: She sees ‘perfect’ as the enemy of done. She is quick to cast off perfectionism since it only slows her down.
It was such an honour to talk with Madeleine Grummet. She’s been a massive inspiration to me ever since I volunteered at Girledworld in 2018. Her success was one of the triggers that inspired me to start FIIT Collective, and I have no doubt she will inspire you too.
In this episode we cover:
- Madeleine’s businesses Girledworld, and Future Amp
- What “having it all” means to Mads
- How she manages two businesses, 4 beautiful girls under the age of 18, and still have a life
- Mads shares the practices she has implemented to stay organised and productive
- How leading with curiosity lead her to be the successful entrepreneur she is today
- And so much more!
- Madeleine Grummet personal website, and on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter
- Girledworld website, and on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Future Amp website, and on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- HumanCogs podcast website, and on Linkedin, Instagram
- Book, Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, by Yuval Noah Harari
- Working Theory Angels angel investors
- Quarterly Essay, Men at Work (September 2019) by Annabel Crabb
- Book, The Wife Drought, Why Women Need Wives and Men Need Lives, by Annabel Crabb
- Sam Harris Podcast, Making Sense
- Joe Rogan Podcast
- How I Built This podcast, by Guy Raz
- Book, Postcards from Tomorrow: A Collection of Letters From Inspirational Women to Their 21 Year Old Selves
- Book, Three Women, by Lisa Taddeo
[Full Disclaimer: Some of these links may be affiliate links, which means we receive compensation, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through the link.]
Thank you for listening
I am grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to listen to the Females in Tech Show.
My aim is to inspire and support you to reach your goals, and provide you with practical tips on how to be the best version of yourself.
If you did enjoy the show, then I'd like to ask three things, so I can inspire and support more career motivated women ( and men).
- SUBSCRIBE: search for “The Females in Tech Show” in your favourite podcast app (eg. Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Stitcher), and subscribe to the show to ensure you never miss an episode.
- REVIEW: write a review for the show in your favourite podcast app telling us what you love, and also where we can improve.
- SHARE: this episode with friends and colleagues who might benefit from the content, as well as grow and support our community.
How can we better serve you?
Ultimately the show is for you, the females in tech community, which begs the question… How can we better serve you?
Tell us what topics you’d like to learn more about, or will help advance your career in technology. Complete the form at this link and suggest a podcast topic.
I’ll be sure to give you a shout out in the podcast episode if your topic is chosen.