Do you suffer from imposter syndrome? That negative self-talk saying things like “I’m not good enough”, “I’m not smart enough”, “I’m not skinny enough”, “I will never meet the one”, “I will never get out of debt”?
Is it preventing you from levelling up at work? Or asking your manager for a salary increase, or promotion?
Or maybe it’s keeping you from pursuing your dream job, or changing careers? Perhaps you want to write a book, or start your own business?
Do any of those sound familiar?
That voice in your head saying those things is your Imposter Syndrome. Also referred to as your inner critic, ego, obnoxious roommate or mean girl. Regardless of what you call it, that voice is not you, it is your limiting beliefs keeping you stuck in fear-town.
The fact is, you’re not alone. Everyone has imposter syndrome, even some of the most successful people in the world, like Sheryl Sandberg, Arianna Huffington, Serena Williams, David Bowie, Lady Gaga and Emma Watson.
The reality is that imposter syndrome can either serve you, or break you, it’s just a matter of how you manage it.
In this episode of The Females in Tech Show, Joel and I show you how to quieten that inner critic, and leveraging those limiting beliefs to accelerate your career and achieve your big bold goals.
Here’s an outline of what we cover:
- What is imposter syndrome (7:11)
- Overview of masculine and feminine energy, and the role they play in imposter syndrome (15:50)
- Examples of successful artists, actors, sports people and entrepreneurs who have admitted to having imposter syndrome (20:00)
- How imposter syndrome can help, not hinder your career (21:00)
- Joel and I share stories of our imposter syndrome and how it has affected our career (25:50)
- I share my strategy for overcoming your inner critic when it arises (39:15), and
- Joel shares his holistic strategies on how to quieten your inner critic day-to-day (45:10)
The time to unlock your full potential, and master your imposter syndrome to live your dream life is NOW!
Leave a comment below and share how this episode has helped you.
- Eckhart Tolle books, The Power of Now, and A New Earth
- High performance coach Sam Norton
[Full Disclaimer: Some of these links may be affiliate links, which means we receive compensation, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through the link.]
Subscribe to The Females In Tech Show on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn
Thank you for listening
I am grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to listen to the Females in Tech Show.
My aim is to inspire and support you to reach your goals, and provide you with practical tips on how to be the best version of yourself.
If you did enjoy the show, then I’d like to ask three things, so I can inspire and support more career motivated women ( and men).
- SUBSCRIBE: search for “The Females in Tech Show” in your favourite podcast app (eg. Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Stitcher), and subscribe to the show to ensure you never miss an episode.
- REVIEW: write a review for the show in your favourite podcast app telling us what you love, and also where we can improve.
- SHARE: this episode with friends and colleagues who might benefit from the content, as well as grow and support our community.
How can we better serve you?
Ultimately the show is for you, the females in tech community, which begs the question… How can we better serve you?
Tell us what topics you’d like to learn more about, or will help advance your career in technology. Complete the form at this link and suggest a podcast topic.
I’ll be sure to give you a shout out in the podcast episode if your topic is chosen.